The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is conducting seminars for small business via webinar.
Webinars are online seminars that:
- allow you to participate over the internet using a computer, smart phone or tablet
- let you attend from the convenience of your home or office
- save you time and money
- have a chat facility so you can ask the presenter questions.
Phone and tablet users can download a free app to join our webinars (see bottom of invitation).
Please note all sessions are scheduled in Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (AEDST)
This is New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania and Australian Capital Territory time.
Series one – Tax basics for small business
Who should attend? Small business operators, and those just starting or thinking about starting a new business, should consider participating in these free tax webinars.
Why should you attend? You will learn about tax issues relevant to owning and operating a small business and receive practical tips for your business.
What will be covered? Each of our webinars will explore a specific tax issue for small business, including:
- Tax basics introduction
- Income tax deductions
- Home-based business
- Motor vehicle deductions
- Concessions for small business
- Activity statement essentials
- Goods and services tax
- Budgeting and record keeping
- Small business assistance
- Employer obligations overview
- Super obligations for employers
- Issues for contractors
When are they on and how to I register? Click on this link, for the full schedule and registration details of our Tax basics webinars: ato.gov.au/General/Speakers-and-seminars/In-detail/Small-business/Introductory-sessions-for-small-business/
Tax basics videos
The ATO also offers a suite of Tax basics videos for small business. These videos cover an extensive range of topics: ato.gov.au/TaxBasicsVideos
Series two – Construction industry – Taxable payments reporting
Who should attend? People working in the building and construction industry.
What will be covered? Taxable payments reporting commenced on 1 July 2012 and requires businesses that operate in the building and construction industry and who pay contractors for building and construction services, to report those payments to the ATO annually.
The one-hour webinar session will answer the questions of who reports, what is reported and provide tips to assist you now.
When are they on and how to I register? Click on this link, for the full schedule and registration details of our Taxable payment reporting webinars: ato.gov.au/Business/Building-and-construction/In-detail/Taxable-payments-reporting/National-webinars/
The ATO’s other webinar programs
Rental property owners The ATO runs one-hour webinars for owners and prospective rental property owners on the following two topics:
- Tax issues when buying and owning a rental property
- Tax issues when selling a rental property
Trustees of SMSFs The ATO runs one-hour webinars for trustees of self-managed super funds on these three topics:
- Self-managed super funds for trustees – an overview
- Self-managed super funds – accepting contributions and managing investments
- Self-managed super funds – accessing your super
When are these topics on and how do I register? Click on this link, for the full schedule and registration details of these webinars: ato.gov.au/seminars
Webinar apps To download the free app for your iPhone or iPad, Android phone or tablet:
- Visit gotowebinar.com.au
- Click on “Mobile apps” – on the left hand side menu.